Cautions Using Xylitol



Xylitol is recognized by leading international regulatory authorities as a safe food sweetener for people. However, large amounts (typically 7 to 10 teaspoons), taken at one time, can produce a temporary laxative effect in susceptible individuals. If this happens, reduce intake or discontinue use for a while. Use Xylitol sparingly for the first week.


Pregnant ladies to use Xylitol in moderation.


While Xylitol is perfectly healthy for humans, it should never be fed to animals and pets, in particular dogs. Xylitol can cause a very rapid drop in blood sugar in canines that may be life-threatening. NEVER feed Xylitol or Xylitol-containing products to pets.