- 1½ cups berries, any berries will do – strawberries, raspberries, blueberries
- ¼ cup water
- 2 Tbsp Sweet Nothings Xylitol
- ¼ tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- Makes approx. 100ml of jam
- Add the berries, water, Sweet Nothings Xylitol and lemon juice to a medium pot and stir in. Bring to a simmer, uncovered, over medium heat for about 15 minutes, or until reduced and thick.
- Stir occasionally during the first 10 minutes. As the jam starts to thicken it is very important to stir constantly to prevent the jam from burning.
- Allow to cool. Store in a sealed container in the fridge.
- Goes very well with both hard & soft cheeses.
- Try a dollop of jam on Mascarpone cream cheese.
- Or make up a platter of banting crackers, butter, hard cheeses, Salami or Chorizo, thinly sliced radishes and rocket leaves.
- Mix 2 teaspoons of jam into ½ cup of double cream yogurt. Yummy!