Poached Pears Ingredients
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups Sweet Nothings Xylitol
- 1 vanilla bean stock or 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 25mm fresh ginger root, peeled and sliced
- 2 cinnamon sticks or 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 5 firm pears
- Combine water, Sweet Nothings Xylitol, vanilla bean, ginger slices, and cinnamon sticks in a medium size sauce pan. Heat gently stirring until the Sweet Nothings Xylitol is dissolved.
- Peel pears and remove the core. Gently place the pears in the sauce pan mixture. Simmer uncovered for 20-35 minutes until pears are tender. Allow to cool.
Chocolate Sauce Ingredients
- 340g sugar free chocolate chips
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup Sweet Nothings Xylitol
- Place the chocolate chips, milk, salt and Sweet Nothings Xylitol into a sauce pan. Heat gently until chocolate is melted.
- Gently transfer the pears into a bowl. Strain the liquid over the pears and drizzle the chocolate mixture on top of the pears.