Tiramisu Cake Ingredients
- 9 large eggs, separated
- 2 cups Sweet Nothings Xylitol, divided in two
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ stick butter, melted and cooled
- Dusting of cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease 2 x 250mm baking pans.
- Whisk egg yolks and 1 cup of Sweet Nothings Xylitol in a bowl.
- Add to sauce pan of simmering water until dissolved and mixture is warm.
- Remove sauce pan from heat, beat on medium until pale yellow and thick.
- Whisk egg whites and 1 cup of Sweet Nothings Xylitol until soft peaks form.
- Fold half of the egg whites into yolks, then gently fold in the remaining egg whites.
- Sift flour over the top and gently fold in. When all is folded, pour melted butter down sides of the bowl and incorporate until smooth.
- 2 cups Mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup brewed coffee, cooled
- ⅓ cup liqueur *optional
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup Sweet Nothings Xylitol
- Whisk together the Mascarpone cheese, heavy cream and Sweet Nothings Xylitol until smooth.
- Pour coffee and liqueur* into a small bowl.
- Brush coffee mixture on cake and top with cream mixture. Repeat this process with each layer.
- Dust with cocoa powder and add sprig of mint for garnish.